Subject: Re: Starting firefox & thunderbird
To: Jan Danielsson <jan.m.danielsson@gmail.com>
From: Dave B <spam@y2007.dberg.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 06/26/2007 21:20:06
On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 05:03:33AM +0200, Jan Danielsson wrote:
>    A few days ago, I performed a few updates to my packages. Now,
> Firefox and Thunderbird are behaving flaky at startup. I'd guess about

  Removing the "compreg.dat" file sometimes used to help sort out
firefox upgrade problems.  I don't remember what the path of the
file is, nor am I certain that doing so is still prescribed (I
use seamonkey rather than firefox currently).  Anyway, you may have
already known this tip, but just in case...

  Also, I've sometimes had flakey interactions between multimedia
apps--maybe seamonkey, mplayer and gaim??--related to audio; e.g.,
I've had to track down and kill esd (the esound daemon) before one
or another would (re)start correctly.  So, if you have a sound
daemon left behind when all your front end apps are closed, maybe
that's worth checking.

Good luck,  --Dave