Subject: Re: pkg_summary
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Aleksey Cheusov <cheusov@tut.by>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 06/19/2007 22:34:10
 >> Please test it. The attached script keeps pkg-summary up-to-date,
 >> not a gzipped file but plain text.

> I did one test on a small repo and it worked for me.
> I can just gunzip first. Or maybe this can handle it.

I've slightly updated pkg_update_summary.
Now it can update compressed summary file.
I've also packaged it, see wip/pkg_update_summary.
No manual page yet.

Usage:
  pkg_update_summary <summary_file> <bin_pkg_dir>

 or

  pkg_update_summary <summary_file> <bin_pkg_dir> <prefilter> <postfilter>

Example:
  pkg_update_summary /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All/pkg_summary.gz \
                     /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All \
                     'gzip -dc' \
                     'gzip -c'

Is there any progress in setting up cron jobs?

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.