Subject: Re: -current: Broken man suffix in Linux
To: Ole Andre Rodlie <olear@slackforge.net>
From: reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 06/18/2007 20:43:09
On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, Ole Andre Rodlie wrote:

> The following packages got broken man suffix in Linux:

<snip>

> x11/libXxf86dga needs CONFIGURE_ENV+= LIB_MAN_SUFFIX=3
> The rest needs CONFIGURE_ENV+= APP_MAN_SUFFIX=1
>
> It would be nice if someone could fix these.

For what its worth, the automake macro was improved for man page
extensions and locations upstream for X.org. So when new releases of
source are provided by X.org, they should have these fixes. In some cases,
nobody at X.org releases a new source tarball or they don't properly use
the same automake macros for this. If this is submitted as a PR (or maybe
someone else already did), I can later (probably end of July) look at
upstream to see what is needed. Maybe we need updates in pkgsrc for new
releases.

  Jeremy C. Reed