Subject: Re: textproc/p5-XML-Simple broken (was: CVS commit: pkgsrc/textproc/p5-XML-SAX)
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.jun.sieben@kh-22.de>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 06/16/2007 22:53:06
Bernd Ernesti wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 08:34:27PM +0200, Klaus Heinz wrote:
> > Do you really think this is necessary?
>
> Yes, because you now fixed the problem with your changes and the only
> way to fix that for everyone is to PKGREVISION bump it.

Maybe I'm a bit slow today, but I still do not see what an increased
PKGREVISION buys us.
The "problem" does not prevent the software from working if it is
installed right now. There is no new functionality in the software
itself. When you update, you will have to deinstall in any case and if
you forget to modify ParserDetails.ini you will get a checksum mismatch.

The changes I introduced will not alter any of those facts for the
installed packages.

Increasing PKGREVISION just changes the package name and people may
decide (or their tools like pkg_chk decide for them) to update and get
the checksum mismatch earlier rather than later.

ciao
     Klaus