Subject: Re: databases/libpqxx update
To: Jan Danielsson <jan.m.danielsson@gmail.com>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 06/16/2007 19:58:59
On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 06:47:14PM +0200, Jan Danielsson wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    I have updated libpqxx to 2.6.9. The diffs are attached. However, I
> ran into some CVS problems.
>
>    The libpqxx/patches contained two patch files. I wanted to remove
> them, and add a completely new one. I.e.:
>
> $ rm patch-aa patch-ab
> $ cp ../work/.new_patches/patch-aa patch-aa
>
>    However, I have no idea how to tell cvs to delete files so it'll end
> up in the output of the "cvs diff". How does one do that?

is the new patch-aa really about the same source file, that the old
patch-aa changed? then

mv ../work/.new_patches/patch-aa patch-aa
rm patch-ab
cvs rm patch-ab
cvs commit

if the new patch-aa is about a different file, you should call it
patch-ac (or whichever name is unused...)

then

rm patch-aa patch-ab
cvs rm patch-aa patch-ab
cvs add patch-ac