Subject: Re: Pkgsrc zlib vs. base zlib, NetBSD
To: Gary Thorpe <gathorpe79@yahoo.com>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 06/06/2007 23:40:30
Gary Thorpe wrote:
> Thank you, this works partially (configure detects the right version)
> but it now fails in the final link stage:
> [...]
> -R/usr/pkg/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib  -lz
> -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib -lSDL -lpthread -lcurses

Please always post the _complete_ command line, not just the end of it.
In this case, it is important to see _all_ arguments.

I pretty much like the idea of creating your own package instead of
building software outside of pkgsrc. It just makes things simpler.

> The software is zsnes which is actually already in pkgsrc: older
> version, ~50 dependencies, I only need about 4-5 features (maybe more
> customizations optioins are needed?).

You can say

     PKG_OPTIONS.SDL= -arts

in your mk.conf file. This should get rid of many of the ~50 dependencies.

Roland