Subject: Mac OS X: math/R doesn't install files
To: None <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 06/05/2007 13:39:12
The R package uses GNUmake to run "gnumake install" on Mac OS X, but this
results in no files being installed:

 	===> Installing for R-2.4.1nb2
 	=> Generating pre-install file lists
 	=> Running PRE-INSTALL script actions
 	gnumake[1]: Nothing to be done for `install'.
 	gnumake[1]: Nothing to be done for `install'.
 	installing doc ...
 	/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../NEWS "/Volumes/pkgsrc/pkg/R.framework/Versions/2.4/Resources/doc"
 	installing doc/html ...

The full build log is available at

I've looked at the package's installation on NetBSD, the GNUmake installed
from the gmake package works fine there. I've tried installing devel/gmake
manually and then ran "gmake install" inside the work-directoy, but the
effects were the same.

FWIW, I'm using pkgsrc and installed packages via a .dmg file that's
formatted as case-sensitive HFS+.

How to kick gnumake/gmake into doing its work?

  - Hubert