Subject: MesaLib-dri 6.5.3+patches package in pkgsrc-wip
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org, pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/25/2007 00:10:23
I'm using this package now with modular-xorg-server-mesa653 (redux).
If anyone's
having issues with DRI on NetBSD, please try these packages and let me know how
it goes.  It's working out exceedingly well for me.  I get ~850fps at
1024x768@24bit full-screen with glxgears at 25% CPU (Radeon
X800/R423).  In the default window, I get ~4000fps (yes, I know
glxgears is not a benchmark, but I don't know of anything else, heh).
Xfce's compositing feature works very well.

If you're using x86, I recommend using the assembly dispatch routines,
which--along with the drivers--are now selectable via the options
framework.  Also, one may set the path where the drivers are installed
(relative to ${PREFIX}) via the DRI_MODULE_PATH variable.  See the
Makefile for details.

Regards,

--Blair