Subject: Some modular-xorg packages cannot be created on Debian Linux
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Alexander Nasonov <alnsn@yandex.ru>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/02/2007 18:13:07
This should be reported with send-pr and I probably will but I'd like to know how to fix  the problem the right way.

x11/xkbcomp, fonts/bdftopcf and one other package cannot be created because .1 extension is assumed in their PLISTs. But there is a check in configure script in x11/xkbcomp which sets it to 1x if $OPSYS_LOWER == "linux".
One fix would be to replace .1 with something like ${MAN1_SUFFIX}. Another fix would be to patch the configure script. Which one is the right fix?

Thanks for great work! I succesfully built modular-xorg on FreeBSD 6.2 and OpenBSD 4.0. This is a list of packages I put in my pkgchk.con file:

x11/modular-xorg-server
x11/xf86-input-keyboard
x11/xf86-input-mouse
x11/xf86-video-ati