Subject: Determening if a package is installed?
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Danielsson <jan.m.danielsson@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/02/2007 02:05:30
--------------enigBF8CD5EADB7851B6B7248D42

Hello all,

   I have a file which looks like this:

---------------
misc/screen
shells/bash
databases/py-psycopg2
=2E
---------------

   It's simply a file which lists all the packages I want to have install=
ed.

   This is what I want to do: I want to be able to run
lintpkgsrc/pkgdepgraph to generate a list of outdated packages, then
delete all the outdated packages and their dependencies. Then finally
loop through my file of the packages I want, check if they are installed
already, and if they aren't, then build them. (I'm doing all this in a
chrooted environent).

   The problem I keep running into is that I am unable to determine if a
package is installed using the pkgsrc path. Everything assumes that I
have the package name, which isn't always true (for instance, the
installed package is called py24-psycopg2).

   Any other solution to get this done is appreciated. I would like to
be able to automate my pkgsrc update procedure in my chroot.

--=20
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson