Subject: Re: modular xorg packages?
To: Sverre Froyen <sverre@viewmark.com>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/01/2007 20:03:40
On Sat, 28 Apr 2007, Sverre Froyen wrote:

> On Saturday 28 April 2007, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
>> I want to switch one of my machines to modular xorg.  What, precisely,
>> do I need to install?  I do not see any obvious set of packages that I
>> should install.
>
> Here's what I installed (by trial and error until the X server would start and
> then until kde would build and run).  I believe it's i fairly minimal set.
>
> x11/modular-xorg-server
> x11/xf86-input-keyboard
> x11/xf86-input-mouse
> x11/xf86-video-ati  (has to match your graphics card)
> x11/xinit
> x11/xterm
> x11/xauth
> x11/iceauth
> fonts/font-alias
> fonts/font-misc-misc
> fonts/font-cursor-misc
> wm/tvtwm (not strictly needed)
>
> I also added:
>
> fonts/font-adobe-75dpi
> fonts/font-adobe-100dpi

Every time I try to build x11/modular-xorg-server, I get an error in
x11/xkbcomp. Any ideas?

checking for XKBCOMP... gnome-config: not found
gnome-config: not found
configure: error: Package requirements (x11 xkbfile) were not met:

No package 'x11' found
No package 'xkbfile' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XKBCOMP_CFLAGS
and XKBCOMP_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/x11/xkbcomp
*** Error code 1

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com