Subject: modular xorg packages?
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 04/28/2007 16:49:36
I want to switch one of my machines to modular xorg.  What, precisely,
do I need to install?  I do not see any obvious set of packages that I
should install.

In meta-pkgs, I see modular-xorg-drivers and modular-org-fonts.  I
certainly need some driver, though it's not clear to me that I need or
want all of them.  I probably do want the fonts, but everyone needs
fonts -- and I don't see the fonts metapackage listed in any other
package.  (I grepped Makefile* and *.mk throughout pkgsrc, so I could
have missed it if it's in another file.)

In x11, there's modular-xorg-server, though that seems to be dragged in
by the individual drivers.

Where do clients come from?  There's an xorg-clients package, but it
seems to be for 6.9.  In wip, I see modular-xorg-utils and
modular-xorg-wip -- do I need those?  Where, for example, will I find
xterm?  (The PLIST files are empty for those two packages.)