Subject: Re: Developing packges with alternates as dependencies?
To: Geert Hendrickx <>
From: Gary Thorpe <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 04/26/2007 11:21:17
--- Geert Hendrickx <> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 05:21:36PM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> > Yes, I think so.  The file for sysutils/memtestplus has
> >

> That will pick cdrtools (in this case) if neither is installed.
> Another
> possibility is using PKG_OPTIONS, so the user can set the preferred
> dependency beforehand.
> 	Geert

Thanks for all the response.

I take it then that the newer buildlink framework cannot deal with this
on its own and one has to use the shell-like expression matching and
the older make variables to specify alternates?

How would I specify alternates that live in different directories of
pkgsrc e.g. devel/alt1 and sysutils/alt2? Would it be:

      Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane with All new Yahoo! Mail: