Subject: su-install-all fails with dependencies for print/teTeX
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Gary Thorpe <gathorpe79@yahoo.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 04/22/2007 13:14:16
Hi,

I am repeatedly experiencing errors when I try to build teTex. When it
builds dependencies, su always fails (doing unprivileged builds) in the
install phase (doing 'make package' from print/teTeX). It never prompts
me but immediately fails (I thought it was a timeout but it does not
even pause). I am using a checked out version of pkgsrc from CVS and
the files in print/teTeX are up-to-date (checked with 'cvs status').

I have encountered this repeatedly at different dependencies and
manually cd'ing to the dependency directory and doing 'make package'
always works. An example of what I am experiencing is show at the end
of this email.

Please CC me as I am not subscribed to this list. Thanks.

Example:

=> Unwrapping files-to-be-installed.
===> Installing for libwww-5.4.0nb5
=> Becoming ``root'' to make su-install-all (/usr/bin/su)
su: Sorry: conversation failure
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /misc/pkgsrc/www/libwww
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /misc/pkgsrc/www/libwww
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /misc/pkgsrc/print/teTeX3-bin