Subject: Re: pkgtools/pkg_chk (1.83), pkgsrc-XXXXQY switches, "Failed: " wrong
To: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@lists.veego.de>
From: Martin S. Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 04/16/2007 19:21:19
Hi Bernd,

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 06:49:24PM +0200, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 01:34:01PM +0200, Martin S. Weber wrote:
> [..]
>
> > But I shouldn't be offering patches for situations I don't fully understand.
> > So: Why is e.g. freeciv-share ending up in "Failed" and e.g. curl isn't ??
>
> There is also a posibility that a 'make clean' after a 'make installed' can fail.
> I know that at least doxygen, ezm3 or thunderbird fails while using pkg_chk
> as a non root user and installed with sudo (SU_CMD).

Well, the problem is that given the code of pkg_chk and the output I am
witnessing that there is no way something that outputs "installed in previous
stage" will end up in the failed-list as the deciding point (existance of the
respective directory in the pkg-db) *cannot* be false (else there would be
no output of "installed in previous stage").

Which is why it surprises me that there are some packages which output "installed
in previous stage" and end up in the install-list and others which output the
same and end up in the fail-list.

... hmm makes me wonder where the FAIL variable gets reset which is checked to
decide whether something should be in the fail-list or install-list...

... hmm it's reset in run_cmd which isn't reached if the pkg was built "in
previous stage". Maybe pkg_install should do "FAIL= " at its head.

-Martin