Subject: debootstrap in pkgsrc
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Asmodehn Shade <asmodehn@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 04/16/2007 14:19:43
Hi everyone,

I am currently in the proces of installing Xen3 with NetBSD Dom0 and Debian DomU.

Following http://www.gutch.de/NetBSD/docs/xen.html , to install debian, I need to get manually many files from the internet (list depending on what ?), whereas if I used a linux system as dom0, it looks like I would just need to use debootstrap...

So I was wondering :
- did anyone tried to package debootstrap in pkgsrc? as IMHO it might be usefull for many purpose...
- will that be really useful on its own, or will the wip/debian package bring it along.
- should I try to run debootstrap on NetBSD to see whats really needed to run it ? will it work just out of the box or are there many changes needed ( I dont think the latter will happen tho...)

Once debootstrap in pkgsrc,  I suppose that installing Debian from many other OSes will become very straight forward... What do you think ?

Anyway, thanks for the hints ;)

--
Asmodehn