Subject: Re: AMD64, Linux, aRts and pkgsrc
To: Ernesto Bascon <>
From: Blair Sadewitz <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 04/13/2007 21:15:07
I am confused how arts and xorg are related.  Is libgthread installed
from a pkgsrc package, or is it part of the system (I don't know linux
this intimately).  If it is a system thread library, there's probably
something wrong with the pthread support.  This is not necessarily a
pkgsrc problem, as on Linux uses -pthread, which
leaves it up to the system compiler to choose the library.  Is arts
supposed to be linked with libgthread?  You may want to try setting
whatever it should be) in the pkg Makefile and setting PTHREAD_LIBS to

Let me know how it goes,

Also, you may wish to try modular Xorg instead of Xorg 6.9.0.

Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!

"The frivolity and boredom which unsettle the established order, the
vague foreboding of something unknown, these are the heralds of
approaching change.  The gradual crumbling that left unaltered the
face of the whole is cut short by a sunburst which, in one flash,
illuminates the features of the new world."  --G.W.F. Hegel,
_Phenomenology of Spirit_ 5:11