Subject: want ms-ttf package on FTP
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 04/11/2007 23:44:03
Please see the ms-ttf thread on tech-pkg in December 2004.

Some want ms-ttf package to be allowed on FTP for downloads.

The license indicates that you can't modify the fonts. I don't see this as
a limitation to making it available especially since we don't already also
set NO_SRC_ON_FTP. So I want to remove NO_BIN_ON_FTP.

The license indicates you can't sell the fonts as part of another product.
Since we have know that some CDs are sold, maybe this should continue to
use NO_BIN_ON_CDROM and NO_SRC_ON_CDROM.

The pkgsrc Guide says if you use that, then RESTRICTED should be set too.

But pkglint said "Restricted packages must have a LICENSE." But that means
I must add it to ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES. According to the docs, this seems
wrong since the LICENSE is for copyright issues and not redistribution
issues. This is confusing. I want to remove the LICENSE (but I will still
install the license file).

Again, we don't already set NO_SRC_ON_FTP and I want to remove the
NO_BIN_ON_FTP and LICENSE restrictions.

Is this okay?

Please see the ms-ttf thread on tech-pkg in December 2004 about the
discussion about licensing and distribution issues. Also I discussed this
in Sept. 2004.

  Jeremy C. Reed