Subject: pkgsrc and local source code, no distfiles
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Nik Clayton <nik@ngo.org.uk>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 04/10/2007 15:53:53
Has anyone got any experience of using pkgsrc where the application
source code for each package is in the same repository as the pkgsrc
infrastructure, rather than being downloaded?

I'm looking at using pkgsrc to build and deploy packages for locally
developed (Perl) code.  So the repo structure for a single application
would look something like this:

   app/
       Makefile
       DESCR
       PLIST
       work/
            app/
                Makefile.PL
                bin/
                    app
                lib/
                    App/
                        Foo.pm

So pkgsrc doesn't need to run any of the fetch, checksum, extract, or
patch phases, just build, install, and produce a package.  The clean
phase would need appropriate modification too.

I imagine this is going to need a few changes to the .mk files to
accomplish.  Has anyone done anything like this before?  Would patches
to incorporate this functionality back in to pkgsrc be appreciated?