Subject: Re: echoping: New upstream release (but not obvious to package)
To: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@nic.fr>
From: Adrian Portelli <adrianp@stindustries.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 04/09/2007 15:55:43
Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> [Thanks for maintaining the NetBSD pkgsrc]
>
> echoping 6 is out:
>
> http://echoping.sourceforge.net/
>
> But it is more complicated to package since it now introduces dynamic
> plugins. Several plugins are shipped with echoping, for instance the
> PostgreSQL one. It is probably not wise to make echoping depend on
> PostgreSQL package. I do not know a solution yet.
>
> Also, in order to enable plugin compilation on the machine where the
> package is installed, it could be a good idea to install echoping.h
> and compilation.h somewhere. 6.0.1, due "real soon now" will install
> in $PREFIX/include/echoping.

Hi,

I've just imported echoping 6.0.1 into pkgsrc which takes advantage of
the new plugin functionality.  In brief the whois, random and dns
plugins are built by default (these require no additional dependencies
compared with version 5.x) and you can use PKG_OPTIONS.echoping to
optionally build the postgresql and ldap plugins.

Let me know if you have any problems.

adrian.