Subject: Re: Solaris and AMD64 support
To: None <ebasconp@gmail.com, ci4ic4@gmail.com>
From: Gilles Dauphin <Gilles.Dauphin@enst.fr>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 04/06/2007 10:31:05
> From: "Chavdar Ivanov" <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
>
> On 05/04/07, Ernesto Bascon <ebasconp@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Using your patches I had problems on building some packages (e.g.
> > gmake, it needed to include alloca.h explicitly in all the C files but
> > I guess it is a gmake problem).

which compiler? I work with Solaris10.
with gcc412 i got the message:
incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'alloca'
SunproCC work silently

> > I was trying to build KDE 3.5.6 from the scratch in Solaris Express
> > build 55, and the process failed when trying to compile cdparanoia
> > (the error says that it is not ported to Solaris)... trying to compile
> > meta-pkgs/kde3, is there a way to remove some packages to avoid its
> > installation? in this case, cdparanoia?

I never succes to compile cdparanoia  on solaris. and in Makefile of
kdemultimedia3 , i patch (again...):

.if ${OPSYS} != "SunOS"
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-cdparanoia
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --with-cdparanoia=${BUILDLINK_PREFIX.cdparanoia}
.endif

got this to file:

http://public.enst.fr/localpatches.tar
http://public.enst.fr/diff_head_mywork

That's a snapshot of my work on 27 Mars 2007
Cheers,
Gilles