Subject: "package" target
To: None <>
From: Jan Danielsson <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 03/29/2007 22:24:16

Hello all,

   I want to build binary packages. I know I use:

   # make package

   However, this fails if the package has already been installed.
Although I can understand why, I would really like to be able to create
packages of already installed packages. Is is doable?

   In case it's not possible, I need to start blowing certain packages
away, and "start from scratch", so to speak. But does the "package"
build target also build binary packages for dependencies? (I know I
could "just try and see", but I'm a little bit reluctant to blow away my
xorg installation without knowing if it's worth the trouble.

Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson

Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (NetBSD)