Subject: -fno-strict-aliasing issue
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 03/24/2007 22:45:42
There are quite a few packages which elicit compiler warnings re:
type-punning when using -fstrict-aliasing.  Instead of simply using
-fno-strict-aliasing everywhere, I'd like to disable it per-package
(I'm using something like cpuflags' optimize_gcc.mk rules).

To avoid having to manually intervene during large builds, I'd like to
detect if this warning occurs, abort the build of said package, clean
WRKDIR, and then build it again.

There are many possible ways to do this, so I'd like to hear if anyone
has any ideas on how this could be most efficiently implemented.

Thanks,

--Blair

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!
<http://www.wfmu.org/>

"The frivolity and boredom which unsettle the established order, the
vague foreboding of something unknown, these are the heralds of
approaching change.  The gradual crumbling that left unaltered the
face of the whole is cut short by a sunburst which, in one flash,
illuminates the features of the new world."  --G.W.F. Hegel,
_Phenomenology of Spirit_ 5:11