Subject: confusing package name p5-Net-SSH
To: None <>
From: Klaus Heinz <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 03/17/2007 14:56:06

security/p5-Net-SSH is not a package of the Perl module Net::SSH but
Net::SSH::Perl. On the other hand, there _is_ a module Net::SSH on CPAN.

The latter is a very thin wrapper around the ssh command (no other
requirements) while Net::SSH::Perl is a Perl implentation of the SSH1
and SSH2 protocols and requires a plethora of packages.

I propose to rename p5-Net-SSH to p5-Net-SSH-Perl. At the moment pkgsrc
contains 1.29 (the initial import) while 1.30 is on CPAN, so we could
update and rename at the same time and would not lose much CVS history.