Subject: Re: Firefox2 from pkgsrc on OpenBSD
To: None <>
From: Alexander Nasonov <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 03/15/2007 17:47:22
The masked-coder known as Randux wrote:
> Alexander Nasonov wrote:
> > Last time I tried to build perl, it failed on
> >
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/libperl/in/WRKSRCDIR ./miniperl

Forget it, it should build fine on ffs. I ran into this problem because my pkgsrc is shared between Linux, FreeBSD and OpenBSD and I have to use ext2fs (good topic for my blog!). I _dl_printf'ed the problem in and found that this bug has already been fixed:

> No, I couldn't get on with the FF build but Perl and most of the tools (autoconf, etc) all built properly.
This is encouraging.

> I'll try to build things by hand as much as possible. I'm not sure what to do about Firefox2, but I can live with 1.5 until a packkge becomes available.
Why? OpenBSD also has pkg_add ;-)
I especially like their upgrade instruction
# pkg_add -ui -F update -F updatedepends

PS: don't ask me why there is no NetBSD on my notebook, I would love to but I need ipw or ndis for comfortable networking or at least to change mac address and fool my ISP that my notebook is a server.
Alexander Nasonov