Subject: Re: How to use on OpenBSD? (has Perl-5.8.8 in OBSD base)
To: The masked-coder known as Randux <>
From: David Brownlee <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 03/13/2007 23:21:43
On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, The masked-coder known as Randux wrote:

> I'm not asking anyone to change anything, I'm just trying to understand
> what you are saying because I didn't see an explanation in the pkgsrc
> user guide of this issue.
> Is it correct that if you use pkgsrc on OpenBSD that you are basically
> maintaining two parallel sets of everything that happens to be common?

 	For the specific case of perl, pkgsrc is setup to build a
 	perl which looks for its modules in certain places, such
 	that pkgsrc perl modules live under /usr/pkg like any other
 	package. Other native programs and libraries are used where
 	reasonable, such as the compiler, flex, libz, etc.

 		David/absolute       -- No hype required --