Subject: internal inconsistencies with perl threads test
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 03/11/2007 18:25:48
I am toying around with various optimizations to see which are safe to
use with perl on my system (amd64 -current).  With my current set of
flags, the whole test suite passes except for ~6 thread tests, all of
which complain about unbalanced contexts, e.g.:

Unbalanced saves: 15 more saves than restores
Unbalanced context: 2 more PUSHes than POPs
../ext/threads/t/end........................dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 139, 0x8b)
DIED. FAILED test 6

(This was running ${WRKSRC}/t/harness, which I was using in an attempt
to figure out what was going on; same error as the test suite, just
more verbose, obviously).

I've looked on google, etc. for some kind of elucidation of this
error; no luck, just people reporting it [under windows].  I am
running the test suite now with perl built with only -O2, so we'll
see.  My guess is that this has to do with -frename-registers and/or
-fweb, but that's just a guess.

Regardless of what's causing these errors, however, I'd like to
understand what's going on.

Anyone want to clue me in on this? ;)

Thanks,

--Blair

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!
<http://www.wfmu.org/>

"The frivolity and boredom which unsettle the established order, the
vague foreboding of something unknown, these are the heralds of
approaching change.  The gradual crumbling that left unaltered the
face of the whole is cut short by a sunburst which, in one flash,
illuminates the features of the new world."  --G.W.F. Hegel,
_Phenomenology of Spirit_ 5:11