Subject: Re: How to use binary packages on secondary systems?
To: The masked-coder known as Randux <randux@Safe-mail.net>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 03/06/2007 01:37:36
The masked-coder known as Randux wrote:
> I find it works much better when I cd to /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All and
> do pkg_add pkgname.tgz. If there isn't a preferred way I may continue
> with this. One thing that doesn't seem optimal here is that the
> dependency tracking seems to be affected. For example, I got a few
> warnings which said "dependency changed to reflect manual
> installation" or something like that.

You can safely ignore these warnings. They are just warnings because
there is a handy function called warnx(3) which can print warnings.
There is no similar function called infox(3), and since the programmer
was kind of lazy, this is now a warning.

This should really be an informational message rather than a warning.

Roland