Subject: apsfilter printcap file problems
To: None <>
From: Alasdair <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 03/05/2007 00:34:59

I have installed apsfilter. Pretty much as suggested by this page.

Everything went ok, I managed to print a test page ok. However printing from any programme I get the following error

lpr: lp: unknown printer

When I look at the printcap file it does not appear to have changed, comparing it to a saved version of the original. It is
also unclear whether apsfilter SETUP is supposed to make the necessary changes to /etc/printcap or not. Either way it
would seem I need to edit printcap. How do I do this to make my printer work with apsfilter??

the printer is a Canon  BJC-1000SP using a BJC-600 driver as per .

Any ideas?