Subject: Re: firefox problem
To: Andrew Doran <>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 03/03/2007 12:15:02
On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 14:23:13 -0000 (GMT)
"Andrew Doran" <> wrote:

> > After upgrading to the very latest -current, I'm seeing
> >
> > firefox-bin: Error detected by libpthread: Destroying condition
> > variable in use. Detected by file
> > "/usr/src/lib/libpthread/pthread_cond.c", line 92, function
> > "pthread_cond_destroy". See pthread(3) for information.
> >
> > This is with -current from a couple of hours ago, and firefox
> > compiled from source about a week ago.  My userland is in
> > sync with my kernel.
> There is still a race somewhere in the kernel or with libpthread
> when using threads, and you might be running into it. Others have
> reported threaded apps hanging in the "parked" state. I'll be looking
> for the problem(s) this week-end.
I will say that my March 2 system is *much* worse than my February 25
system.  In fact, I plan to revert; the March 2 system is unusable for
web browsing.  The only question is what components I have to copy over
from a backup, to save me the trouble of retrieving full source by date
via CVS.

		--Steve Bellovin,