Subject: acroread problem: symbol lookup error:
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 02/28/2007 22:01:25
I just upgraded to 4.99.12 from 25 February.  When I click on a PDF
link from native-compiled Firefox 2.0.0.2, I get

	/usr/pkg/Acrobat7/Reader/intellinux/bin/acroread: symbol lookup
error: /usr/pkg/xorg/lib/libICE.so.6: undefined symbol: __sF

If, otoh, I open the downloaded PDF file from a shell prompt, it just
works.  This problem started after my kernel+userland upgrade; these are the
relevant packages:

$ pkg_info -a|egrep 'suse|acroread'
suse_base-10.0nb3   Linux compatibility package
suse_expat-10.0nb1  Linux compatibility package for expat binaries
suse_freetype2-10.0nb3 Linux compatibility package for FreeType2 library
suse_fontconfig-10.0nb2 Linux compatibility package for fontconfig binaries
suse_libjpeg-10.0nb1 Linux compatibility package for the JPEG library
suse_libpng-10.0nb2 Linux compatibility package for the PNG library
suse_libtiff-10.0nb3 Linux compatibility package for the TIFF library
suse_x11-10.0nb2    Linux compatibility package for X11 binaries
suse_gtk2-10.0nb2   Linux compatibility package for GTK2 binaries
suse_openssl-10.0nb2 Linux compatibility package for the OpenSSL library
suse_libcups-10.0nb1 Linux compatibility package for the Cups library
suse_locale-10.0nb1 Locale files for the Linux compatibility package
suse_compat-10.0nb1 Linux compatibility package with old shared libraries
acroread7-7.0.9     View, distribute and print PDF documents
suse_aspell-10.0nb1 Linux compatibility package for Aspell library
suse_gtk-10.0nb1    Linux compatibility package for GTK binaries
suse_gdk-pixbuf-10.0nb2 Linux compatibility package for gdk-pixbuf binaries
suse_glx-10.0nb2    Linux compatibility package for the GL library
suse_slang-10.0nb2  Linux compatibility package for slang library
suse_libxml2-10.0nb1 Linux compatibility package for the libxml2 library
suse_openmotif-10.0nb1 Linux compatibility package for the Motif library
suse-10.0nb3        SUSE-based Linux binary emulation environment