Subject: heartbeat (linux-ha)
To: None <>
From: Louis Guillaume <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 02/10/2007 11:25:07

I have the successfully built makings of a package for heartbeat
( on Linux.

Since this is my first attempt at a building a package, I have many
questions to ask. Maybe you can help me out. I'm using the pkgsrc
developer's guide, but may need some additional guidance.

1. pkglint complains many times like this...
ERROR: PLIST:4: Configuration files must not be registered in the PLIST.
Please use the CONF_FILES framework, which is described in

I'm not sure I understand how to use the CONF_FILES framework as
described. There's a lot to that

2. Adding users. I saw something about this in but on
looking at other packages that were installed (cyrus-imapd) I can't seem
to figure out how it's supposed to be set up.

3. Since I've only built on Linux, how should I approach things like

4. There's an optional module, which involves a separate download and
download of a special Makefile. How to incorporate that. I'm thinking I
should use the OPTIONS framework; but not sure.

5. How do I get this package into pkgsrc?

6. Does anyone want to help out with testing? I can tar up the package
and send it around (but don't want to do that to the list).