Subject: Re: How to set a valid compiler for audio/festival?
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 02/07/2007 19:10:21
Anthony Mallet wrote:
> My whole pkgsrc is compiled with PKGSRC_COMPILER=ccache gcc,

This just configures the flavour mostly gcc vs. diverse native compilers. CC
would be set for an exact executable or path to such.

> I would like to use the already installed gcc32 compiler if possible, is
> it possible?

You could insert

CC=/path/to/gcc32 in the relevant Makefile. That might work - or not. It's a
hack that should be avoided.

> Installing gcc3 from pkgsrc would help?

The usual way to do this would be adding

GCC_REQD+=	3.0

to indicate that GCC 3.0 is required. pkgsrc would then install GCC 3.0.  This
doesn't work with arbitrary versions though, the specified version must be in
pkgsrc. There are currently 2.95.3, 3.0 and 3.4.

--
Christian