Subject: Re: Re: firefox-bin-flash and opera-plugins not working
To: None <>
From: Onno van der Linden <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 02/04/2007 17:46:52
In pkgsrc-users Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> I have firefox-bin-flash and opera-plugins working properly on NetBSD 3.1
> with X11 from xsrc/.  I also have the flashplugin working properly in a
> native seamonkey (via nspluginwrapper which I compiled manually) on both
> NetBSD 3.1 and NetBSD-current.

AFAIK to get any sound at all from flash9 in the linux
emulation of NetBSD you'll need a
because standard flash9 linux distribution only does
ALSA. If you have gotten sound without,
please enlighten me how to do that.

I grabbed

to get a working

And yes, I've seen the crashes that Juan RP described too.
With youtube videos I usally get sound varying from seconds
to minutes, after which a crash happens. It's the which causes the crash, haven't
gotten anything useful from running ktrace unfortunately.

An interesting testcase might be
where I get an immediate crash using firefox,
flash9 and the describe earlier.