Subject: Re: ports FLAVORS on pkgsrc (and postfix)
To: Daniel Bolgheroni <dbolgheroniml@yahoo.com.br>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 01/23/2007 21:15:57
--RV7I0FBcf2xGtwa1

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 05:57:15PM +0000, Daniel Bolgheroni wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> are there any options on pkgsrc to what OpenBSD calls FLAVORS? If not,
> are there any plans to include it?
>=20
> I'm asking because of problems regarding Postfix support for SASL2. I
> compiled postfix-current, which do not have SASL2 support by default. It
> would be nice to have something like FLAVORS to do this job rather than
> modifying Makefile manually.

You haven't had to edit the Makefile manually for as long as I can
remember.  In the old days you had to set specific variables in mk.conf,
but nowadays you have the whole options framework.

Try "make show-options" someday...

> How to use the binaries of Postfix installed in /usr/pkg/sbin instead of
> using the ones in /usr/sbin?

See mailer.conf(5).

> And, just to finish, why postfix AND sendmail are included in NetBSD by
> default?

Why not?  Besides, 4.0 won't.

--=20
"You could have made it, spitting out benchmarks
Owe it to yourself not to fail"
Amplifico, Spitting Out Benchmarks, Hometakes Vol. 2, 2005.

--RV7I0FBcf2xGtwa1

--RV7I0FBcf2xGtwa1--