Subject: Re: Problems with rxvt-unicode after installing
To: None <>
From: =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Ond=F8ej_T=F9ma?= <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 01/23/2007 16:57:17

in pkgsrc/x11/rxvt-unicode/MESSAGE is:
If your system does not have a rxvt-unicode termcap entry, you may
consider setting the X resource

        URxvt.termName: rxvt

or recompile this pkg with the option rxvt-term defined.
So it's easy to use it. Couse it's not only about ncursers but about
termcap in your etc :) where are definitions of these TERMs. Or you can
edit your termcap ;)

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 19:11:30 -0200
"Silas Justiniano" <> wrote:

> Hello all!
> I just installed rxvt-unicode-8.1 from pkgsrc/x11/rxvt-unicode.
> It runs fine, there is transparency and so, but some programs act
> strangely (less, more) and some don't run. vi outputs: "rxvt-unicode:
> unknown terminal type" and irssi: "Termcap not found for
> TERM=3Drxvt-unicode". There is, though, the
> /usr/pkg/share/terminfo/r/rxvt-unicode file.
> pkgsrc should handle system files in a way that this application
> worked fine, shouldn't it? Is the package broken or (more possible) am
> I doing anything wrong?
> Thank you very much!
> --
> Silas Justiniano -

Ond=F8ej T=F9ma

Unix-like system is the best operation system from the top of the world.
I'm lucky BSD and linux user. :) Use unix-like, be free. :)
ICQ: 107760454       JABBER:      MSN:

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)