Subject: Re: modular xorg headers: why lib dependencies?
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 01/13/2007 19:49:37
Well, what I'm talking about is that the build "system" (read: shell
script) for X.org builds all of the proto modules prior to anything
else.  In fact, I am having pkg-config issues with absent libraries,
and wonder why build.sh does not build things in an order which
produces useful pkg-config files.

I'm looking to package up every module for X11R7.2-RC3 and also
working on (slowly)--with macallan@--setting up a reachover build of
X.org.
Thus, I'm sure there are plenty of builtin.mk files which need to be
updated, but I'll worry about that after I clarify what is going on
here.

How do the X.org people expect anyone to get a functional build if
they make the proto modules before everything else?

BTW, I think that glproto should depend on Mesa and glitz-glx,
otherwise libGLCore cannot be built.

Jeremy: when you build X.org outside of pkgsrc (if you still do), do
you use build.sh?  If so, how do you get usable pkg-config
files--especially for libGLCore?  Did you modify build.sh to build
things in a different order?

I apologize if I am not being clear.

Thanks for the help,

--Blair

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!

<http://www.wfmu.org/>
91.1 FM Jersey City, NJ
90.1 FM Mt. Hope, NY

"The Reggae Schoolroom":