Subject: Re: PKGSRC on Solaris
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: jdh13 <jdh13@free.fr>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 01/13/2007 13:09:19
Omar Lopez Limonta wrote:
> Hi , i'm trying to compile libiconv (and it is basic to run pkgsrc) on
> pkgsrc over solaris 10, and it return this error:

hello,
don't use gcc from sunfreeware, gcc installed by sun is fully valuable
look at this page:
http://asyd.net/home/docs/solaris/pkgsrc
it worked for me under sparc and amd64 machine, with solaris 10

But i got an error when some packages needed libiconv:
===> Building for rsync-2.6.9
gcc -std=gnu99 -O -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Wall -W -I./popt -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib
-o rsync rsync.o generator.o receiver.o cleanup.o sender.o exclude.o
util.o  main.o checksum.o match.o syscall.o log.o backup.o options.o
flist.o io.o compat.o hlink.o token.o uidlist.o socket.o  fileio.o
batch.o clientname.o chmod.o progress.o pipe.o params.o loadparm.o
clientserver.o access.o connection.o authenticate.o lib/wildmatch.o
lib/compat.o lib/snprintf.o lib/mdfour.o  lib/permstring.o
lib/pool_alloc.o zlib/deflate.o zlib/inffast.o zlib/inflate.o
zlib/inftrees.o  zlib/trees.o zlib/zutil.o zlib/adler32.o
zlib/compress.o zlib/crc32.o popt/findme.o  popt/popt.o
popt/poptconfig.o  popt/popthelp.o popt/poptparse.o -lsocket -lnsl
libiconv_open                       rsync.o
libiconv                            log.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to rsync
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

and i manually added
-L/usr/pkg/lib -liconv
at the command as a workaround. I have no idea where it has to be added?
in mk.conf? in Makefile?

gerard