Subject: Re: goffice/gnumeric on darwin/macosx
To: Jussi Liukkonen <jussi.liukkonen@snorkkeli.homeip.net>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 01/12/2007 19:51:32
On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 03:07:57PM +0000, Jussi Liukkonen wrote:
> Also I see gnumeric 1.7.6 available, while pkgsrc has 1.6.3... some
> update potential there as well, maybe? There are a bunch of .xls
> compatibiliy improvements in the 1.7 series.

The reason is that GNOME is using the Linux versioning system, i.e.
odd numbers are unstable releases. pkgsrc has the latest stable
versions of these two packages (AFAIK). We usually avoid updating
to unstable or development versions, except if there's a good reason.

Now that doesn't necessarily say what we'll in this case...
perhaps it's easy to patch out the fmin()s?
 Thomas