Subject: Re: goffice/gnumeric on darwin/macosx
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jussi Liukkonen <jussi.liukkonen@snorkkeli.homeip.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 01/11/2007 19:48:24
Jussi Liukkonen <jussi.liukkonen <at> snorkkeli.homeip.net> writes:

> Also I see gnumeric 1.7.6 available, while pkgsrc has 1.6.3... some
> update potential there as well, maybe? There are a bunch of .xls
> compatibiliy improvements in the 1.7 series.

Talking to myself here... which is not too unusual. Unfortunately.

Updating the pkgsrc makefiles to just pull goffice 0.3.5 and gnumeric
1.7.5 (which was a typo, intended 1.7.6), without any patches, updating
gnumeric goffice dep to >=0.3, and generating a PLIST with print-
PLIST, produces a gnumeric which works fine on at least macosx (10.4.8
ppc) and netbsd (3.1_STABLE i386). So this would seem a safe update to
do. It handles a couple of .xls imports notably better than 1.6.x
did.

Cheers,
- Jussi