Subject: Re: gettext-lib does not build on IRIX
To: NetBSD/pkgsrc-users <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.dez.sechs@kh-22.de>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 12/30/2006 22:50:33
Georg Schwarz wrote:

> no idea. For IRIX 5 I changed it to cpp a few months ago (see pkgsrc/
> pkgtools/bootstrap-mk-files/files/mods/IRIX.sys.mk).

Ok, some more light in this darkness. Obviously this happened for nobody
else on IRIX 6 because I have an outdated sys.mk (more than a year
old) which defines 'CPP?=CC' while the current setting is 'CPP?= CC -E'.

Together with problems concerning ".USE" syntax due to an outdated/buggy
bmake (the same problem I had on Linux some days ago) this points
again to a missing but needed feature: detection of outdated bootstrap
files/packages.

ciao
     Klaus