Subject: Re: fetching binaries without installing
To: Justin C. Sherrill <justin@shiningsilence.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 12/23/2006 22:01:01
On Sat, 23 Dec 2006, Justin C. Sherrill wrote:

> I'm working on building a DragonFly CD, and I want to include X and some
> other programs on it.  To do that, I need to have the pkgsrc packages
> included on the CD.
>
> I can install from binaries, and I can 'make fetch', but neither of those
> do what I want: fetch a pkgsrc binary package (in this case, from Joerg's
> binary site) and all its dependencies, without installing it.  Is there a
> simple way to do this without either building everything first or having
> to fetch each individual dependency?

There's a pkg_summary.gz file in the "All" directory. It should list all
the available packages with their dependencies.

I don't know if there is any tool to use it, but you could script
something to use that pkg_summary(5) file to build a list of your needed
tarballs. And then use fetch(1) or ftp(1) to grab those from your list.