Subject: Re: lang/perl5 failure only in bulk build
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 12/21/2006 18:15:56
--9Ek0hoCL9XbhcSqy

Oliver Gould <ogould@cs.stevens.edu> wrote:
=20
> The log from the failed build is at:
> 	http://www.cs.stevens.edu/~ogould/bulk-2006-12-21-fail.txt

> Checking your choice of C compiler and flags for coherency...
> ./Configure: line 5028: 27635 Bus error               $sh -c "$run
> ./try" >>try.msg 2>&1
> I've tried to compile and run the following simple program:
>=20
> #include <stdio.h>
> int main() { printf("Ok\n"); return(0); }
>=20
> I used the command:
>=20
>       gcc -o try -pipe -O2 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include -fno-common
> -DPERL_DARWIN -no-cpp-precomp try.c -lm -lc -lpthread
>        ./try
>=20
> and I got the following output:
>=20
> The program compiled OK, but exited with status 138.
> You have a problem.  Shall I abort Configure [y] =20
> Ok.  Stopping Configure.

Go into the actual build directory and try to compile it manually before
you run it.  If that succeeds, try to compile it with setting your CC
environment variable to the cc-wrapper in the build directory
(workdir/.wrapper/bin/cc or possibly workdir/.buildlink/bin/cc or
something like that, I forgot which one is actually invoked these days).

Also check the full log (workdir/.work.log) to see what flags it my pass
that you don't see and then try to go from there by trying to track down
which one might cause the problem.

-Jan

--=20
chown -R us:enemy your_base