Subject: NFS
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Thomas Isenbarger <isen@charter.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 12/17/2006 12:33:59
I am trying to use pkgsrc mounted on an nfs drive to install
packages. I have NetBSD 3.1 on a Mobilepro 790.

I have gotten an nfs server set up on my laptop (Mac OS X 10.4.8) and
I am able to connect to it from the NetBSD machine. I have the pkgsrc
directory mounted at /usr/pkgsrc

But I am beating my head against problems trying to compile anything.
I think I need some guidance regarding what variables need to be set
in dealing with the readonly nfs mount.

I keep getting an error that no pkg-vulnerabilities file can be found.

I followed the advice given and installed the audit-packages. Now,
when I run the download-vulnerabilities-list script, it tells me that
it is not different from the current one. So there *is* a
vulnerabilities file somewhere that this script sees (I haven't
figured out where the download-vulnerabilities-list script puts it),
but the make is not seeing it.

I have set up a mk.conf in /etc, with
PACKAGES?=/usr/tmp/pkgsrc
WRKOBJDIR=/usr/tmp/pkgsrc
ALLOW_VULNERABLE_PACKAGES=YES

(by the way, in examples I sometimes see mk.conf variables set with =
and sometimes with ?=; what is the difference?)

Then I get a fetch error: "fetch: Cannot write to ."
***Error code 1

I assume it is trying to write to the mounted nfs, but cannot since
it is readonly. Can you help me with what I need to do?

Thanks
isen