Subject: [Solution] Re: lang/perl5 on Linux/x86_64 2.6.x build failing
To: None <>
From: Jesse Peterson <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 12/05/2006 10:01:51
After 'bmake build'ing the package, I added a line to /usr/pkgsrc/

ldflags="-lm -lpthread"

At which point the package built.  I was able to install & package,
as well.  I'd imagine there'd need to be a little more logic in the
hints file to detect for the specific edge case I'm encountering
here, but from my digging, it appears that, at least on x86_64 the
math functions need to have a separate, explicit math library linked
and the same with the pthread lib?  Not exactly sure, but the above
fix appeared to work.

Hope this helps someone else!

- Jesse