Subject: kdelibs3: Signall 11 During Registration
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Vollenweider <metaridley@mchsi.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 12/02/2006 21:45:28
I'm having problems building kdelibs3 from pkgsrc-2006Q3 on NetBSD/i386 3.1,
though I did have this problem with NetBSD/i386 3.0 and pkgsrc-2006Q2 with
the same OS version as well.

The build ends with this message:

=> Registering installation for kdelibs-3.5.4nb1
*** Signal 11

I noticed both during the build and install processes that these messages
came up frequently:

libtool: link: warning:
`/usr/pkgsrc/x11/kdelibs3/work/.x11-buildlink/lib/libpng.la' seems to be
moved
libtool: link: warning:
`/usr/pkgsrc/x11/kdelibs3/work/.x11-buildlink/lib/libXrender.la' seems to be
moved
libtool: link: warning:
`/usr/pkgsrc/x11/kdelibs3/work/.x11-buildlink/lib/libart_lgpl_2.la' seems to
be moved
libtool: link: warning:
`/usr/pkgsrc/x11/kdelibs3/work/.x11-buildlink/lib/libidn.la' seems to be
moved

I also got notice that several libraries were being relinked:

libtool: install: warning: relinking `libkmediaplayer.la'

And, when I tried to deinstall kdelibs3 (since it had been registered as
installed despite the signal 11), I got a bunch of "Cannot allocate memory"
messages, such as these:

Delete file
/usr/pkg/share/kde/icons/crystalsvg/32x32/actions/bookmark_folder.png
pkgdb_remove: Cannot allocate memory
Delete file
/usr/pkg/share/kde/icons/crystalsvg/32x32/actions/bookmark_toolbar.png
pkgdb_remove: Cannot allocate memory
Delete file
/usr/pkg/share/kde/icons/crystalsvg/32x32/actions/bookmarks_list_add.png
pkgdb_remove: Cannot allocate memory
Delete file /usr/pkg/share/kde/icons/crystalsvg/32x32/actions/bottom.png
pkgdb_remove: Cannot allocate memory

pkg_admin also dumps core in the kdelibs3 pkgsrc directory.

Now, I would suspect that it was this particular machine's memory if this
was happening with other packages, but this seems to be the only one it
happens with, and all of my other software runs fine.  The build did finish
on a different machine which is also running NetBSD/i386 3.1 and using
pkgsrc-2006Q3 (and in fact, except for the relinking and the moved files
reported by libtool, the entire KDE meta-package installed without a hitch).
On the machine on which I'm having problems, I did update the pkgsrc tree
yesterday and I still have had the same problem.

Is there a problem with my setup?  Where can I start in finding out the
cause?

- Dave V.