Subject: Re: converters/libiconv on IRIX
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 12/02/2006 20:21:32
Juan RP wrote:
> On Saturday 02 December 2006 19:58, Christian Biere wrote:
> > converters/libiconv seems to require
> >
> > USE_LANGUAGES= c c++
> >
> > otherwise it bails out due to executing /usr/bin/CC -E which
> > is just a script which wants to sell a compiler. Pointing
> > CXX from mk.conf to g++ alone did not fix.
>
> Why don't you commit it? I think you have the permissions now...

I'm not sure it's the right fix because libiconv does not really use C++, g++
is never invoked later.  Most-likely autoconf generated a too configure script,
I see no reference to CXX or C++ in configure.in. So it would unnecessarily
add a dependency on a C++ compiler. Well, if that's fine, I can commit it
of course.

--
Christian