Subject: Re: How to build Postgres81 with Tsearch2 enabled?
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martina Mostert <martina.mostert@gmx.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 11/27/2006 15:02:21
Petr Janda <elekktretterr <at> exemail.com.au> writes:

> Joerg youre a god! Thanks so much, please try to get this into
> pkgsrc-current, it works like charm!
>
> Petr
>
> Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 11:34:47AM +1000, Petr Janda wrote:
> >
> >> Sorry to be impatient, but have you made progress? I really need it asap
> >> (building a website for client)
> >>

> > Try: http://packages.stura.uni-rostock.de/patches/postgresql81.diff and
> > http://packages.stura.uni-rostock.de/patches/postgresql81-tsearch2.tar
> >
> > Apply the patch in databases/ and extract the tarball therein. The DESCR
> > needs works and it is completely untested, so be warned.
> >
> > Joerg

I've got the same problem and already downloaded the two files. So thanx for
your work, Joerg.
But I have another question.As I have postgres already installed, version 8.1.3,
and running, is it neccessary to dump all databases before installing the
tsearch package and executing initdb and restore afterwards or doesn't it touch
the running postmaster at all?

Martina