Subject: Re: apache and mod_perl
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd@2006.salmi.ch>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 11/21/2006 19:22:06
Hi,

Emmanuel Dreyfus --> pkgsrc-users (2006-11-21 17:35:53 +0000):
> Hello
>
> A strange problem with apache and mod_perl from pkgsrc:
> I had to add -lpthread in httpd link command, otherwise loading
> mod_perl caused a core dump.
>
> The idea of adding -lpthread come from a warning message that is
> displayed during www/ap-perl build, where it's said that perl is
> built with -lpthread, check that httpd is build with -lpthread too.
>
> I don't know how this can be correctly fixed.

In case you're talking about Apache 1.x on NetBSD >2: this problem has
been [1]reported several times but was never fixed.

At least a workaround is to append the platform you're building on to
_BLNK_DLOPEN_REQUIRE_PTHREAD_PLATFORMS (in pkgsrc/mk/dlopen.builtin.mk).

Hmm, I still wonder which platform exactly need to be listed. The
dlopen buildlink infrastructure was [2]originally written by jlam, so
probably he knows best...

Cheers, Jukka

[1] http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2006/10/17/0004.html
[2] http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/mk/dlopen.buildlink3.mk?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup