Subject: Re: apache and mod_perl
To: None <>
From: Jukka Salmi <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 11/21/2006 19:22:06

Emmanuel Dreyfus --> pkgsrc-users (2006-11-21 17:35:53 +0000):
> Hello
> A strange problem with apache and mod_perl from pkgsrc:
> I had to add -lpthread in httpd link command, otherwise loading
> mod_perl caused a core dump.
> The idea of adding -lpthread come from a warning message that is
> displayed during www/ap-perl build, where it's said that perl is
> built with -lpthread, check that httpd is build with -lpthread too.
> I don't know how this can be correctly fixed.

In case you're talking about Apache 1.x on NetBSD >2: this problem has
been [1]reported several times but was never fixed.

At least a workaround is to append the platform you're building on to

Hmm, I still wonder which platform exactly need to be listed. The
dlopen buildlink infrastructure was [2]originally written by jlam, so
probably he knows best...

Cheers, Jukka

bashian roulette:
$ ((RANDOM%6)) || rm -rf ~