Subject: Re: problems with the chroot stuff in /usr/pkgsrc/mk/bulk/mksandbox
To: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 11/20/2006 01:49:02
George Michaelson wrote:
> But why would the install of something like wget wind up touching the
> X11 related mk.conf elements? Because it was one of the things which
> complained..

Because the X11 parts aren't separated from the other stuff in the
infrastructure. You're right in saying that it should be, from a pkgsrc
user's view, since something that one doesn't use should not break
unrelated things. Anyway, in this case that does not apply. :(

I don't think that will be fixed soon, but at least this particular bug
will be caught with a friendly error message. I hope that helps a bit.

Roland